Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Burrr.... is it cold in here?

Here's another fun layout of a trip we took last summer.  These pics are from Bandera Ice Cave in Grants, NM.  It's amazing to me that there would be ice caves in the middle of a huge lava flow!! 

The blue patterned paper is covered in ice crystals to pick up the theme.  The chipboard letters in the title were painted with white acrylic paint and clear glitter embossing power was added to make them look like they are frozen.  

A couple of techniques for the savvy scrapper:
1.  Use your scraps to make borders to frame different parts of your layout.  I used Martha Stewart edge punches on left over strips of black cardstock in my scrap box to add some contrast.
2.  Punch out flowers from left over scraps of patterned paper to make your own embellishments.  I punched out both large and small flowers to layer and colored them with colorbok chalk inks to match the layout.  

1 comment:

  1. Love using scraps and making my own embellie.ust say I love buying new too tho! Charlene will be glad to hear that part!

    ReplyDelete