Saturday, June 25, 2011

A walk on the wild side!! :)

I love wild flowers!!  We like to take walks around the block in the evening when it starts to cool off -- with a camera in tow of course (heeheehee).  This time of year is great for going on walks around the neighborhood and just delighting in the beauty of all the colorful blossoms that had been hidden away not too long ago.  Even the prickly univiting cacti are covered in pink, orange, red and yellow flowers.  All the pictures were taken on one of those walks are from the our yard, our neighbors' yards, along the street and bike path just within our city block.  And these are only a few of the photos ... some of my favorites.  I love this page because I think it is pretty amazing that we would probably have overlooked them and not appreciated and captured their beauty had we not made scrapbooking a big part of our lives.  This is one of the reasons why I love this hobby so much.  It has changed my view on things so that it has become second nature to focus in on and appreciate the tiny details of everyday moments.

Speaking of details..... One technique that I like to use on some of my layouts is to add the journaling along the outline of my photos.  This is a good alternative if you don't want to have a big block of text on your layout.  It also is an interesting way to frame the photos.

   

1 comment:

  1. Love this layout Jimmie. I too like the journaling wrapping the photos.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete